When you buy your home you should let your agent do your negotiations. He knows your needs. If you observe what is important to the seller you will be able to judge his circumstances and make a good buy.
If you want to buy or sell your home you can look at advertisements in the homes for sale section of the media or websites. But you also need practical advice and street smart insight to guide you right.
* It is important to remember that there are many homes available for sale and the buyer's market slows down. Prices can fall if there is too much supply.
* The location, condition and amenities of your house are important. Price depends on them. It is important to list the correct price. It shouldn't be too expensive or too low.
* Seasonal changes have an impact on the housing market. In spring, it tends to rise and fall during winter.
* Do your research on the market to determine a reasonable price and then adjust it to reflect current trends. To get the right estimate, consult an agent.
* Make sure you have enough money to pay for repairs. You may pay more for renovations than the market price.