Installing a railing on stairs can be a daunting task, but with a little bit of know-how and some helpful tips, the process can go smoothly. Here are five tips to help you install a railing on stairs:
1. Plan your installation carefully. Make sure to account for the space between the steps and the railing, as well as the height of the railing.
2. Use a level to make sure your stairs are straight and level before beginning the installation process. You can also get more information about stair railing installation in Chicago via https://www.supremeshowers.com/glass-stair-railing-installation/.
Image Source: Google
3. Secure the screws in place using a ratchet and screwdriver before backing off the screws slightly so that they don’t poke through the stair treads.
4. Be sure to use a quality railing material that is compatible with your staircase’s existing finish.
5. Allow plenty of time for installation; installing a railing on stairs can take several hours depending on the size and complexity of your project.
6. When you are ready to install, carefully cut the railing material to length with a sharp utility knife.
7. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install the locking mechanism and mounting posts or brackets, if applicable, before securing your finished railing in place.
Finally, make sure to clean and paint your railings regularly to keep them looking new and beautiful.