Here are some facts about mushrooms, their magic potion:
– Mushrooms are often classified as a vegetable or herbaceous, when in fact they are available in mushroom online pharmacy.
– Although there are more than 14,000 mushrooms, only about 3,000 are edible, about 700 have some healing properties, and less than one percent are considered poisonous.
– People who collect mushrooms for consumption are called mycophagi, and collecting mushrooms is called mushroom picking.
– Only specimens that are freshly selected or are properly preserved and not too old should be consumed. After the edible fungus loses its freshness, a bacterial colony forms and abdominal pain or worse symptoms can be expected when the sample is collected.
– The most consumed mushroom in the world is Agaricus bisporus, or mushrooms with white buttons. It has two other forms – a crimini mushroom or brown with a more earthy aroma and texture, and a portabella mushroom with a large shaped umbrella cap and a flesh-like taste.
– The Egyptians considered mushrooms to be a delicacy, and the Greeks believed that mushrooms gave soldiers strength in battle. The Romans viewed mushrooms as a gift from God and served them only on festive occasions, whereas the Chinese considered them a portion of healthy food.