Baby boomers are finding career solutions by becoming entrepreneurs. Many are ready to make the change due to a job layoff, while others are choosing to become entrepreneurs because they are ready to retire and want to do something else in their "next life."
As a baby boomer myself, I have been through the wringer when it comes to change. Having lost my job twice since 2009, I have been struggling to find my way. After countless interviews, rejections, and a loss of financial security, I decided to find solutions to my challenges by becoming a solopreneur.
If you are looking for a dream career, then you can browse https://fynd.careers/.
It hasn't been easy but it can be done if you have determination, creativity, and an entrepreneurial mind. Yes, that's right! More and more baby boomers are becoming entrepreneurs. Not everyone is cut out to do this so there are some questions you should ask yourself first.
Here are some questions to consider:
- Are you ready to work hard and long hours? – This is not a get-rich-quick venture. You will have to put long hours into the beginning stages but it is worth it if you follow a plan.
- Can you adjust to quiet and loneliness, after working closely with your coworkers in an office environment?
- Are you willing to do what it takes?
- Are you ready to think outside the box?
- Can you overcome challenges and struggles?
- Do you adjust well to change?
- Are you willing to throw "perfection" out the window and just get started?
- Are you willing to do what it takes and not quit?
If you can say yes to these questions, you can now see the benefits of becoming a solopreneur. What are some of the benefits?
- You are your own boss – You get to set your schedule, your salary, and your lifestyle
- You can bring your pets. – It's a lot of fun to have your favorite pet by your side to offer their support and devotion.
- You can work around your family. Set your schedule to get your work done when the kids are in school.